We were in the section of the Nelson-Atkins Museum in Kansas City that was built in the 1930’s by the Wight and Wight Architecture Firm. We climbed a stone stairwell, passing a mezzatine that held a closed off room with tall glass windows covered by elongated curtains. The room used to be a restaurant where women who wore short white gloves would go to lunch. The floor in front of the room was made of small gray and pink tiles edging on an off white flooring. The gray tiles were the color of flannel suits, and the pink had a small hint of purple.